Today I took Cheese Haze 2 out for some soil testing. I have been spending a good deal of time reading in the grasscity forums along with other sites to help figure out what could be happening to just these few plants. Still I am slightly unsure as to what the cause, but am leaning towards a nutrient problem. What is odd is that it is affecting just those plants and the others seem to be growing just fine. This could be isolated to the particular strain and the requirements in that some strains like higher/lower doses of certain nutrients then others. Or some are very touchy when it comes to the slightest changes. Currently all plants get the same level of food, which is not much at all, but may be too much for those currently affected. Or it then could be a hot soil issue. All the plants are in E.B. Stone Organic Potting Soil which is made up of a blend of Fir bark, Canadian sphagnum peat moss, composted mushroom soil, volcanic pumice stone, earthworm castings, sand, feather meal, bat guano, and kelp meal. I did initial pH testing and found the level to be 7. The reason I selected this soil was that it is organic and I read that several growers like to use bat guano and earthworm castings. With all that said, here are some pictures from my tests.
In my previous post I show that I got a reading as low as 5.8, but I find that was an isolated issue or in error. All samples were taken 4-6″ below the surface.
As you can see all test seem to be normal with the exception that the pH has dropped slightly. I think that I will work on raising the pH and see if that does any good. And of course any input would be welcomed.