So as I noted I in my previous post I have switched to 12/12 and as it so happened that I got the tops of the plants a bit too close to the bulb.
One thing that I want to note is that these test subjects are doing much better then my last set of experimental subjects. Using my knowledge gained from last time I have been trying to keep the pH in the low 6’s. I do this by keeping a couple of gallons of filtered water at a pH of 5 or high 4. So far the combination of using the Fox Farm soil, reverse osmosis water and smart pots seem to be keeping the plants happy.
I did make one mistake and that was running the fan that you can see in the back left of this image. Last time I ran the fan 24/7 with no issues. This time I ran the fan and it dried out the plants within 12 hours causing them to almost droop in half. Thankfully a good drink of water and they came around. I don’t plan on using the fan this time. Temperatures are in the high 80’s at night with light on and are in the mid 60’s to low 70’s during the day.